Pupil Premium is a Government initiative which was introduced in 2011 to provide funding in schools, to support low income children and help narrow the gap in attainment. In the school year 2014 – 2015, the Pupil Premium for eligible children was £1300, which rose in the next academic year to £1320. Children eligible for Pupil Premium are classed as ‘Ever 6’, those who are, or have been Free School Meals (FSM) within the past six years. Children In Care (CIC) and those in adoptive families are entitled to a grant of £1900 and Service children a grant of £300.
All children in Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 2 are automatically entitled to receive free school meals. You should still however apply for Pupil Premium funding as the school will receive additional funding to support your child. All children in Key Stage 2 who are eligible for free school meals must apply online at Essex county Council or fill in the form available from the school office. This form can also be downloaded from this page below.
How to help:
If you receive one or more of the following, we could claim Pupil Premium funding which could help your child benefit with one to one tuition, educational resources or financial assistance with school trips and after school clubs:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
It is therefore important to apply if you are eligible, to ensure the school receives the Pupil Premium grant. Bring your ID and National Insurance number into the school office and we can apply for you.