We firmly believe that our curriculum should:
- Challenge our children and ensure there is no ceiling set on attainment. We encourage a choose and challenge approach to learning which allows for progression of skills in all subjects.
- Inspire all children and engage them in their learning. We focus on exciting, topic led learning, linked when possible to quality texts and classic books. We firmly believe that if children are engaged and are encouraged to write for purpose, they will make progress. Teachers are encouraged to provide hooks through the use of artefacts, films, experiences and texts, to help children become immersed in their learning.
- Be led by the children’s interests. Teachers are asked to discuss upcoming topics with their classes and explore areas of the subject that children are interested in.
- Allow for peer and collaborative learning – we feel that children should be encouraged to be in control of their own learning and able to support each other to deepen their understanding of topics.
- Copies of curriculum plans for 2 year rolling programme are below.
- You can also see our full year plan for Early Years Foundation Stage.